Timber Alternative Windows Worcester
Timber Alternative Windows in Worcester
Timber windows are incredibly desirable, but unfortunately they are also very expensive and often far exceed budgets.
However, in recent years high quality timber alternative windows have been developed to meet the needs of homeowners who wish to have the look of timber, but can not meet the large price tag.
And these alternative windows really do have the "wow" factor. With a realistic wooden finish both internally and externally, they are easy to mistake for the real thing, whilst providing the added benefits of a uPVC frame in terms of longevity and low maintenance.
What is a timber alternative window?
Timber alternative windows really are at the forefront of new window technology. Starting with a durable uPVC core, woodgrain foil is applied to both sides of the window profile. Not only does this leave a textured grained finish, which even close up gives the impression of hardwood timber, but it acts as a "matting" agent to the traditionally "shiny white" look of plastic windows.
The woodgrain foil used to only be available in very limited colours, usually white, but as demand for timber alternative windows has rocketed, so has the spectrum of colours available. The most common foil finishes are now white, grey, black, cream and green, although this can be easily adapted, with a process called colour-bonding, to match any colour on the RAL chart. Grained foils are also available to replicate stained wooden windows, such as rosewood or Irish oak.
But that is not all...
The construction method of the frames is also highly specialised to perfectly recreate the look of timber windows.
- Corner joins - In order to overcome the wide corner grooves usually associated with uPVC windows, the corner welds are either cut or the vertical mullion and horizontal transom sections are mechanically joined, which is consistent with timber construction methods
- Dummy Sight Lines - Fixed dummy sashes are a popular addition to many timber alternative window designs. The dummy sashes do not open, but look as if they do. This evens out the look of all visible panes, creating aesthetically pleasing equal sight lines that are more in keeping with traditional wooden construction
What are the benefits of timber alternative windows?
MCM Window World's timber alternative windows have many advantages:
- Recreate the look of all painted and stained timber windows, but at a fraction of the price
- A customised, bespoke design
- Lower maintenance, more secure and more energy efficient that timber windows
- Windows designed with profiles to expertly mimic timber frames and perfectly suit your property
- Long lasting, robust and easy to clean