Orangeries in Worcester
specifically built to perfection by MCM Window World …
Bespoke Orangeries in Worcester
Orangeries are becoming an increasingly popular addition to both period style and modern houses in Worcester, providing an elegant, bright and versatile new living space for all the family to enjoy.
An orangery or garden room can really transform the way you live and beautifully blur the divide between interior and garden. French or Bi-Folding doors can help to enhance this further and fully open part of the room onto the garden on warmer days.
Contact us today to see how the way you and your family live can be transformed.
What is an Orangery?
One of the most common questions we are asked is what is the difference between an orangery and a conservatory and which would be most suitable?
- Historically, orangeries were extensions built on large estates in Europe to provide shelter for fruit trees through colder weather. Their use was soon adapted into a luxurious and sophisticated garden room for entertaining and extra living space
- An orangery is a more permanent structure than a conservatory, in that it is constructed with greater areas of brickwork (often from floor to ceiling) with a combination of full length glazed doors and windows. In comparison, conservatories are usually made of around 80% glass and, consequently, are quicker and cheaper to construct
- The central roof area of an orangery is traditionally constructed of raised glass (or polycarbonate), with a well-insulated non-glass flat roof around the outside
- An orangery offers more privacy than a fully glazed conservatory
- Orangeries are very much a permanent extension to a house and are suitable for many uses, including kitchen extensions, dining rooms, living rooms and studios
- Orangeries blend seamlessly into the design of the house, with matching brickwork
- Sophisticated and elegant design with a focus on luxury
Experienced in Quality Design
Based in the Worcester area MCM Window World has over 16 years experience in the industry and all of our designs are custom made around your property and lifestyle. We take care of every aspect of the design and installation, from brickwork, flooring and roofing through to the finishing touches such as door furniture, lighting and frame colour. So you can be sure of the perfect addition to your home.